To ensure the efficient use of explosives within the blasting process, and comply with the Quarry Regulations, Ulster Industrial Explosives provide a shotfiring survey service to its customers.
The Shotfirer is the person appointed to be responsible for shotfiring operations on the day.
Some of their duties are specified in The Quarries (Explosives) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2006 Regulation 6 while others are indirectly imposed through the Approved Code Of Practice , the Operators Rules for Shotfiring Operations, and the The Quarries (Explosives) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2006 definition of shotfiring operations.
Where appointed as Shotfirer, to meet the requirements of the above role, Ulster Industrial Explosives Ltd shotfiring service will provide the following tasks and duties:-
- Complying with site rules and shotfiring rules
- Receipt of explosives & accessories
- Reconcilling receipt with initial order and accounting for all products
- The loading of all explosives and accessories in accordance with Blast Specification.
- The firing of the shot.
- Completion of reports relevant to the shot fired
- The safe disposal of any unused products or accessories.
Explosives Supervision is also provided for all shots fired by Ulster Industrial Explosives Ltd